What is it you really want out of life? Are you just bumping along not really paying attention to who and what you are really are? Here is a simple exercise to help you zone in on a few things about yourself. Have fun, and please share what you’ve discovered about yourself!
What are your basic desires?
Get a notebook and record your answers to these questions. Be honest with yourself and find the answers from within your heart not your ego mind. Some of the questions have several answers; make sure you list all that you can list. Then go over each answer and rate them from 1-10 with10 being what you want the most and 1 not as much.
- What would I like to have right now that I don’t have?
- What would I do if I could do anything?
- What would I be if I could be anything?
- What would I do if I had no obligations and unlimited time?
- What would I do if I had plenty of money to do all that I wanted and needed to do?
- What would I love to do to help others?
- What stirs my emotions and tugs at my heart strings?
- What makes me happy?
- What makes me laugh?
- What characteristics would I like to have or strengthen?
- What do I want from my spouse?
- What would I like to have from my children?
- What would I like from others?
- What do I like to do for fun?
- What are some things I want to change in myself?
- What are some things I really want changed in my life?
So, looking at your answers, is there a running theme? What are the core basic desires? Write them down again. If you were able to fulfill these desires, what would it do for you? How does it make you feel to connect with these desires? What can you do to fulfill these desires?
May I suggest you take some time with yourself and do some soul searching, and make the changes necessary to fulfill your basic core desires of who you are and to what is wanted in your life. Be honest and look deep, then refer back to your list to keep you on track!
Please feel free to call me if there are things you would like help with in shifting to being the best of who you are.